- This article applies to the Palm OS Only -
NOTE: If you are trying to use Pocket Tunes with online music stores like Napster, Rhapsody or Yahoo, and your device is not being recognized, please see this Knowledge Base article.
The Media Player conduit is a feature in version 3 (or later) of Pocket Tunes. It was not included in version 2. If you use version 2 of Pocket Tunes you will not have access to this feature. Only the Windows version of Media Player works with the Pocket Tunes conduit. Mac and other OS users do not have access to this feature.
Media Player version 10 and 11 work much more reliably for transferring audio files to Pocket Tunes than version 9 did. Using MP10 requires Pocket Tunes version 3.0.3 or later. Windows Media Player 11 requires version 4.0.2 or higher. We recommend updating to Windows Media Player 11 EXCEPT if you have a LifeDrive or are not using Windows XP or Vista (WMP11 is only supported on those operating systems). You can upgrade at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp
Once you have installed the upgrade, download the most recent version of Pocket Tunes from our download page at http://www.pocket-tunes.com/download.html (for Pocket Tunes 3: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/?page=downloadv3 ) .
Instructions for using the Media Player conduit to transfer audio files
- You must first connect your device to the hotsync cable or cradle, whichever applies.
- Turn the device on.
- Start Pocket Tunes
- ONLY THEN should you start Media Player. If you start Media Player first, your device may not be seen in the Sync list (in MP9, it is the "copy to" box).
- If the device is manufactured by Sony, make sure you use the "Connect to PC" option in the "Actions" menu of Pocket Tunes.
- At this point, your device should be listed as connected.
- Select the songs to sync,
- Right click and select 'Add to Sync list' or, in Windows Media Player 11, simply drag the tracks to the device listing on the right hand side of Windows Media Player.
- Then click the "start sync" button (In MP9, it is the "Copy) button).
Copy protected tracks, like those from an on-line store or library, can only be transferred using Windows Media Player 10 or higher and Pocket Tunes Deluxe.